Code of the Moai

Welcome! This is the blog of Jason Wathey, a resident of the Seminole Heights neighborhood in Tampa, Florida. The main purpose of this blog is to give me yet another project that I will not be able to get to, while detailing random thoughts about the neighborhood, Tiki, Tiki drinks and mixology, life, the universe, and everything. Politics, my progress through HCC's nursing program, and my wife's progress on getting to medical school will probably come up a lot as well.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Random thoughts for today


So this is finals week for Nereia and I, and it could not come soon enough. The classes we had this semester just seemed to drag on forever, and I just wasn't "feeling it". Nereia is quitting next week in preparation for USF this spring, so that is a new and exciting change. Hopefully the class load does not overwhelm her med school dreams. My next semester is just standard stuff at HCC to complete my AA. I have to hand in my Nursing School application before January 15th to get in August 2006.

Front 242 was in town last Friday night, and they put on a good show for PR Jason and I. PR said they looked like they were going snowboarding, and I just said the are Belgian...
As usual the Masquerade cranked the volume too damn high, so it was hard to really discern details and vocals. I don't know why they do that, especially with electronic music where there are nuances and such that need to be heard to appreciate the music. They did the same thing with KMFDM the last time I saw them, which is probably one reason I have not seen a show there for a couple of years. After the show, reeking of cigarette smoke, Jason and I decided to hit up the Castle for Coffin Classics Friday. This is definitely a fun night if you enjoy Industrial/Goth music from the mid 90's (or DNA era if you are from Tampa).

Finally, it looks like they have started construction on the Seminole Heights Starbucks!

2 Comments:

At 2:56 AM, December 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As usual the Masquerade cranked the volume too damn high...

Or you're getting old! ;P I kid, I kid!

 
At 6:52 PM, January 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why dont you brew your own coffee at home?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home