Code of the Moai

Welcome! This is the blog of Jason Wathey, a resident of the Seminole Heights neighborhood in Tampa, Florida. The main purpose of this blog is to give me yet another project that I will not be able to get to, while detailing random thoughts about the neighborhood, Tiki, Tiki drinks and mixology, life, the universe, and everything. Politics, my progress through HCC's nursing program, and my wife's progress on getting to medical school will probably come up a lot as well.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Remodeling the porch

Hello Everyone!
I have not posted anything in a while, so I just wanted to put something up. This is the latest project I have been working on with our house...redoing the wood flooring on the front porch.

Basically just a remodel involving the removal of all the old tile and cement board, and then all the semi-original wood, and replacing it all with new tongue and groove hardwood. I say semi-original because I am almost positive that the porch area had to be rebuilt at some point due to termite/water damage.

On a totally different topic, I got accepted into the Nursing program at HCC and will be starting this August!

Oh, and on another totally diffent topic, this is my new nephew:

http://www.moojoobee.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=38

Anyway, here are some progress shots:





2 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, April 25, 2006, Blogger dog food sugar said...

Looks good! Hey good luck with those nursing school aps. I hope you got the program you wanted. I'm halfway through mine. Enjoyed your NK post below. A&P was so fun. And good luck with that porch project.

 
At 3:01 AM, April 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you went with the hardwood. It looks great and I'm wondering what type of finish you plan on applying? May I suggest Minwax "High Resin" because of it's durability. It cures extra hard.

The improvements are steadily looking better and I hope you all well. Barbara, Landon, and myself should be down in a while. Things are turning out great for us for I'm really blessed to have married your sister.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home